Friday, November 21, 2008

French history bibliography

I've recently finished the next installment of the "Recent books and dissertations in French history" that I compile for the journal French Historical Studies. It is huge - I even added a separate section for all of the works published on the 40th anniversary of the events of mai '68.

I can't post the entire bibliography here, since it is destined for the journal, but if you'd like a sneak peek at a specific section, please send me an email

The categories are:

General and miscellaneous (local histories, theory, works on historians, thematic works and other titles that don't fit into temporal limits)

Ancient and Medieval

1500-1770

French Revolution and Napoleon

1815-1870

Third Republic

1940 to the present

May 1968

Colonialism and DOM-TOM

No comments:

brought to you by...
Sarah Sussman, curator of French and Italian Collections